Thursday, July 26, 2007

Eric Young Analyzes from his Gut

Thanks to my unwillingness to pay for cable, tonight is the first time I've watched Baseball Tonight this season. It's maybe as dumb as I remember it: Eric Young, (paraphrasing)

"The Dodgers are the best hitting team in the National League."

The Dodgers are 7th in the N.L. in runs, 8th in OPS...although, wow, I guess they are tied with Philly for 1st in batting average...so maybe that statement isn't so dumb after all.

Whatever, he still has a weird high-pitched voice.

1 comment:

David said...

When I watch Baseball Tonight I just put my fingers in my ears and go "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" until Steve Phillips comes on the screen. Then I can start listening and know for a fact that he's going to say something good about Jose Reyes, An example from a few nights ago:

I think that the question put to the analysts was "if you were starting a team from scratch, who would your first pick be?"

Steve Pillips: Jose Reyes. He's the most exciting player in baseball.

John Kruk: Didn't you sign Jose Reyes?

SP: Yes.