Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Craig Biggio's Retirement: A Text Message Exchange

CURTAIN RISES

Wily Mo Adams: Craig Biggio is retiring at season's end...thank God

Gweedoh: Thank all the gods...the Superfluous Pine Tar industry must be reeling

WMA: I wonder if he wears all his street clothes as dumbly oversized as his helmet

G-doh: I wonder if in his new office job he wins undeserved Platinum Pen awards just 'cause he's good at copying

WMA: Maybe he and Jeff Bagwell can go into business together... as dead people. That I killed.

G-doh: Then they would be the "Killed B's"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[drumdrum! cymbal!]
~LA FIN~

2 comments:

Chad Bahamas said...

I'll exterminate Derek "Operation Shutdown" Bell and the trio will be reunited once more!

Growing up though, Biggio and Bags were my boys. I always tried to bat like Bags, but I kept falling over on the followthrough. I'm pretty sure Biggio holds the record for most consecutive at bats with out grounding into a double play. Its something like 800 ABs. DiMaggio who?

Gweedoh said...

Don't forget Mark Berry and Geoff Blum!

Reds killers, all of 'em. Hence the acrimony.

G'damn Jeff Bagwell and his pop-a-squat stance and eye shadow-lookin' face.