Thursday, April 19, 2007

Some Fucking Amazing Shit

From the Reds MLB site, Ryan Freel on how he would pitch if he ever did the 9 positions in
one game thing:


"I would definitely throw the first one behind the guy's head," Freel
said. "Just to make him think, 'I don't know what the heck is going on.' Then
I'd provably groove in a strike and hopefully he doesn't hit a home run. Then
I'd probably throw the next one over his head again and play around with him."


And if the batter takes issue and charges the mound?

"I'm hoping Dunn can come in from left field real quick," Freel
said. "Actually, I'll just run out to left field. The guy won't catch me, I'll
tell you that."


That sounds like the strategy that Wily Mo Adams used for streetball when we were 12. Except I was way faster.

6 comments:

David said...

Sounds like Freelio´s seen Bull Durham as many times as I have.

Anonymous said...

i noticed espn is now ranking team player statistics by ops instead of batting average.

more importantly, we need to schedule another tennis ball baseball championship. david, when are you leaving savageland and returning to moniedsavageland?

Gweedoh said...

YES YES YES sometime this summer this has to happen

Gweedoh said...

hahaha, "moniedsavageland"

David said...

Be back June 9th. Expect some serious tennis ball baseball action.

Anonymous said...

Monied Savage Land Baseball League

http://deadspin.com/sports/buckshot/this-is-why-we-should-arm-all-umpires--and-mascots-255851.php